Dress: Zara No longer available, but linked similar styles at end of blog | Handbag: Gucci | Shoes: Stuart Weitzman (On Sale!!)
Mixing & matching different patterns can be a tricky task. Depending on your style personality, this may be part of your everyday look. My personal style tends to lean toward letting one pattern dominate, but depending on my mood, I like to amp it up and have a little more fun mixing prints.
Either way, getting dressed can at some level involve mixing and matching prints. Again, depending on your style personality, you can go really bold mashing different patterns from head-to-toe or you can play it more subtle (my dress and purse combo is a good example of the latter).
Some tips to help you when you’re trying to work the print on print include:
– Stripes are considered a neutral (which is one reason I LOVE them so much!)
– Break up the look with solids
– Choose prints that vary in scale size
– Stick to print sin the same colour family
– Textured fabrics count as prints
– Match Same print in different colours
– Use Accessories to mix prints (as seen in my photo)
Along with the above tips, quite possibly the most important advice to rock this look is to make sure you feel confident in your selections. If you don’t own your look; it will translate and not in a good way.
I have linked exact items above and similar options below. If you have any questions or want would like assistance on this, you can inquire about my styling services at Requisite Consulting. Until next time, thanks for reading and enjoy your beautiful life!